Information Automatically Collected and StoredAs many other companies do, Angiotech measures the performance of our website in order to improve and customize it in favour of our visitors. During your visit, we may automatically collect and store the following types of information about your computer and your visit:
- The domain and host from which you access the Internet;
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Angiotech website, if applicable;
- The date and time you arrived at our website and how long you spent on the website and which pages you visited;
- Your Internet protocol (IP) address; and
- Your computer's operating system and browser software.
Angiotech's website may deposit certain bits of information called "cookies" in a visitor's computer. Generally, a cookie assigns a unique number to the visitor that has no meaning outside the assigning site. Cookies can tell us how and when pages in a website are visited and by how many people. This technology does not collect an individual visitor's identifying information; rather, the information collected is in an aggregate, non-identifiable form. The purpose of this technology and the information it provides is to help us improve our website, products and services. Most web browsers allow the user to deny or accept the cookie feature. We may entrust third parties with the above-described information on our behalf.
- To unaffiliated third parties that are under contract to perform services for or on behalf of Angiotech ("Service Providers") (e.g., vendors maintaining our computer databases);
- To the acquiring party in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation or sale or transfer of the business to which such information relates;
- To other persons as permitted or required by applicable law or regulation; and
- To law enforcement personnel and other agencies, or as part of a legal process, in order to protect our property or in furtherance of an investigation regarding a breach of rules and policies governing this website, unauthorized access to or use of this website or any other illegal activities.
Any access to such Personal Information will be limited to the purpose for which such information was provided to our affiliate, subsidiary or Service Provider.